Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco


A grandmother, named Babushka, helps her granddaughter be less frightful of the approaching thunderstorm by making a special cake. The storm come and the girl forgets how frightened she was because she is enjoying the Thunder cake they have prepared. I love the illustrations in this books because the illustrator used bright folk-art to bring the story alive. This story is very easy for people to relate to. I think there are many people who have been scared during a thunderstorm. This book is very interesting to me because it is told in first person point of view by the little girl who scared. I think this is a good aspect because it lets the reader see the girls point of view and it makes it easier to relate to he fear. I also enjoyed the relationship between the girl and her grandmother, they were two very neat characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment