Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Old Shoes By: Charlotte Blessing


This is a neat story about the life of a pair of shoes. It is really neat because it is told from the shoes point of view. I was initially drawn to this book because of the cover. The cover seemed new and had a great picture. The title was also very appealing to me. I wanted to know more about what it meant. When I found out that a pair of shoes gets passed on to many people and in reality they are old, but to the person who is getting them for the first time they are new. I thought the idea of that was so cool. The pictures are also from the shoes point of view. The reader sees what the shoes see. The pictures are very good. They seem very real. They seem so real that it is almost like I should be able to grab the shoes off of the page and wear them. The greatest thing about this book is that at the end there a page that talks about how there are 1.2 billion people around the world who go without shoes everyday. It then gives a web address for a place where people can donate their old shoes to become new shoes for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds very interesting. I really like the idea of somebody's old can be somebody else's new. I think that this is a good concept for kids to learn early on in order for them to appreciate the things that they have.

    ReplyDelete