Sunday, February 21, 2010

Queen of the Scene By: Queen Latifah


Queen Latifah takes childrens literature to a whole new level by creating a a great rap about a girl walks through each day full of pride. The illustrations are wonderful. They are very vibrant and full of color. I like how the text is not standard, it had a curve to which I think that fits very well with what the text is saying. One of my favorite parts about the book is the outfits that the characters are wearing. I really enjoyed the main character. She seemed to have a lot of confidence. I think is she was a real person it would be the type of girl that I would want to be around. An added bonus to this book is there is a CD of Queen Latifah reading/rapping the words to the book. I listened to it after I had read the book for myself. I think that listening to the CD with the book made it sound great. It a great bonus! Awesome book!

No comments:

Post a Comment