Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Granpa Gazillion's Number Yard By: Laurie Keller


The following three books are books that I chose for genre presentation. My genre is alphabet and counting books. This book is a newer book that had me laughing the whole time I was reading it. Take a walk through Grandpa Gazillion's farm to see a variety of ways that numbers can be used. One of my favorite things about this book is that it counts all the way up to the number twenty, My next favorite things is the illustrations. There is a lot going on in the illustrations, but I had so much fun looking at all the datelines and corky things that were added to each picture. It is so funny that each number has been turn into something new. Like the three is now a saddle and the nine a lollipop. I also like how if a reader looks hard enough they will find all of the numbers one through twenty on some of the first last pages. This is a great book. I had never read it before. I had never even heard of it, but I hope to own it someday for my own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment