Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Where the Red Fern Grown By: Wilson Rawis


I have always heard great things about this book, but surprisingly have never read this book. I am glad that I took the time to read this piece of literature. It is a piece of children's literature that I will never forget. This is a very convincing story that many people with dogs can relate to. The personalities of the characters were interesting and brought alive to the reader. This book shows a great devotion between humans and animals. The plot is full of attention getters. It is the type of play that makes a reader very curios for what is to come. The plot was also very warm. I noticed in the is book more than any of the other children's novels that I have read this semester that the setting was very well described. From the beginning I was able to create a very clear picture in my head. The setting seemed to fir perfectly with what was happening in the story. I am glad I had the opportunity to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment