Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Honeybee and the Robber By: Eric Carle


This a cute pop-up book about a honeybee that lives in an old hollow tree. The book tells about the bee;s journey to a flower for nectar, and meeting a bird, a fish , and a frog. My favorite part about this book is the pictures. The pictures are painted which makes the book very fun to read. The pictures are very bright which draws in the reader's attention. The reason I picked this book is because it is by Eric Carle. Eric Carle is one of my favorite children's book authors and illustrators. He did not disappoint me with this book. The engineering of the book is great. With the pop-up and pull out pictures it a type of book that children will love. I think that pop-ups books of this type are also fun for adults to read because they can be interactive with their children while reading. The story is charming and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment