Monday, February 1, 2010

Frog and Toad Are Fiends By: Arnold Lobel


Through there ups and downs frog and toad Frog and Toad have been there for one another. With the ability to cheer each other up they become best friends.When I was in fourth grade I had best friends who I was always with. Frog and Toad books were very popular at this time, so our teacher always called us Frog and Toad because we were best friends just like they are. When I a found out that we were Reading seres books I wanted to read a Frog and Toad book to see if there was a specific reason why our teachers called us that. I did not find any connections except for the fact that we were always there for one another just like Frog and Toad. To be honest I think this book has its highs and lows. There are parts of the book that are very funny to me and make me want to continue reading. There are other parts that seem to drag on and on. I know that this is an older book, so I am having a hard time not comparing it to children's books of today. The illustrations are not that great. The same bland colors are used over and over. The illustrations do go along with the plot, but they are not very exciting. This may also be due to the timer period in which the book was written and illustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment