Monday, March 1, 2010

The Night Kitchen By: Maurice Sendak


This book has created controversy because on many of the images there is a picture of a little boy who is completely naked. I do not think that pictures of a little boy completely naked is appropriate for children to be reading in school. Most children I know would find this book as a joke and would laugh all the way through it rather than focusing on the story. I also do not think that book is appropriate for school because it may bring up conversations among the students that are not appropriate for school. I think this may be a book that I would read to children at home. If the book is read at home then there is more time to explain the pictures. Other than the controversy that comes about in this book I do think that this is a cute story. I like the pictures and think they flow well with the story, but I do not think the nakedness of the young boy was necessary to get the point across

No comments:

Post a Comment