Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hatchet By: Gary Paulsen


I did my author study on Gary Paulsen. I chose to do Gary Paulsen because Hatchet is one of my all time favorite chidlren's books. I like the character, Brian, that is created in this story. He shows many great characteristics that makes the reader really care about his survival. He shows, heart, bravery,intelligence and determination. I really enjoy the suspense that takes place throughout the entire book. The main suspense being the affair that his mother is having. With the affair and Brian's life at risk there is never a dull moment in this book. One of my favorite parts about this book is that symbolism that takes place such as the Hatchet. Hatchet was the first Gary Paulsen book that I read as a kid and it made me want to read many more of his books because I enjoyed it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment