Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brian's Winter By: Gary Paulsen


Brian's Winter is in response to Hatchet. At the end of Hatchet Brian is rescued, but many of Paulsen's readers wrote to him and requested a book about what would have happened in Brian would not have been rescued. So Paulsen decided to write Brian's Winter. Just like Hatchet this book is very suspenseful and really draws in the reader. Brain has to learn new skills such as hunting in order to survive the harsh winter. Brian's hard work and bravery at such a young age made me to continue to have strong feelings for him as a character. The tone of this book is very upbeat which makes the reading flow very well. I did not like this books as much as I like Hatchet but it was still very good. I hope to have a variety of Gray Paulsen books in classroom. I may even consider doing a unit on Gary Paulsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment