Monday, March 22, 2010

The Misfits By: James Howe (Chapters 13-End)

I continued to enjoy this book through the end. Although I enjoyed the book I had a couple of issues with the book. The first issue was the dialogue. I had difficulty following which character was saying what. I also had trouble wrapping my head around the idea of this story happening in real life. I am glad that everything worked out the way that it did, but everything working out so well, like in this book does not happen all that often. Other than those difficulties I thought the book was great. I really like some of the themes such as bullying that come through. I think there are many good themes in the book for middle school students to read about. I also think that there are many middle school students who can relate to at least one of the characters in the book. If I taught in a middle school I would definitely want this book in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment