Sunday, April 11, 2010

Year of Impossible Goodbyes By: Sook Nyui Choi


Comparing this book with So Far From a Bamboo Grove I would have say that both books were very good, but I did like So Far From a Bamboo Grove more. I think part of why I liked it more was because I read it first. Another reason why I liked the book more was because I was able to get a clearer image of the family in my head. Overall, Year of Impossible Goodbyes is a very good book also. There were many times while reading the book when I felt like I was right there in the action. I think that the story does a good job or portraying the life of many Korean families that lived during this time period. I also think the book did a great job of describing the historical events that happened during this time period. I think that this book is a very good book to have in a classroom. I know that there are some uncomfortable events that take place in this book, but children will learn a lot from this book. I think it is awesome idea to pair this book with So Far From a Bamboo Grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment