Sunday, April 11, 2010

A City Is By: Norman Rosten


This is a pretty simple, but at times complex picture poem book that explains what a city is. I like how all aspects of a city are explained. Another neat thing is that the pictures take up the whole page, so there is no white space. I say that the book is simple because many of the pictures have people in them, but the people's faces are very plain. The pictures are at the same time complex because there is a lot going on in each picture. There are also some complex words in each poem. This book is intended for 4-8 year old. The book does not rhyme which I think is a good thing. Children of this age often think that all poems have to rhyme, or at least I did when I was younger, so I am glad this book does not rhyme. This was a cute book and a good way to view the highlights of a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment