Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Love That Dog By Sharon Creech


When I first began reading this book I was not sure if I was going to enjoy it because it is unlike any book that I have ever read. After the first few pages I began loving the main character, Jack. I was able to paint a picture of Jack in my head. I know there are many students out there that feel exactly the same that Jack does about poetry. I also like the teacher in the book. Both of the characters personalities came through strong in this book which really made the book fun to read. I loved how the book was written all in poem stanzas. I liked it because it was the first book that I have read that is written that way. I also like that it was written that way because it helped the book flow very well. At first I thought the book was going to be hard to follow since it was all written in stanzas, but it actually just made for a faster read. I do not know if all copies of the book are written in navy blue print, but I know that mine was. I have never seen a chapter book that is written in any color other than black, so I thought that aspect of the book really stood out. My favorite part of the book is at the end when the poems that are discussed throughout the story are actually shown. I was a little leery about this book at first but after the first few pages I really loved it. I started reading the book and didn't put it down until I was completely finished. This is definitely a book that I would recommend to people of any age. It is also definitely a book that I want to have in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment