Sunday, April 11, 2010

Exploding Gravy By: X.J. Kennedy


This is a really neat picture poem book. It is full of funny poems that have great pictures to go along with each poem. This book is different because all of the pictures are in black and white. I think that if the pictures would have been in color then it would have helped paint a better pictures of what the poem was trying to say. But on the other hand I like how I can paint a picture in my head with my own colors. All of the poems are very funny and entertaining, but here is one of my favorite ones:
Alarm

Mother come quick!
Robert looks sick!
He opened the shoe polish, took a big lick!

His face is all weird!
He's grown a brown beard!
All four walls, the floor, and the ceiling are smeared!

Come look and see!
Don't you wish he
Was never a trouble to people, like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment