Sunday, April 11, 2010

Winter Friends By: Mary Quattlebaum


This was a fun picture poem book to read. The books is broken up into different poems, but in a way it is like a story is being told with all of the poems. The pictures are really neat and they made me really feel like I was in the middle of winter when I was reading the book. My favorite picture in this book is the very last page. It is night time and the snow is falling. There are two like kids looking out the window at the snow falling. The poem on this page reads
Listen!
The wind
is
whispering
a thousand
tiny
promise.
I love this. The picture and the poem are beautiful.
I like how the poems are placed in different spots on each page. For example, there is one poem this about sledding and the words are place at a downward diagnole like a sled. This was a really fun book to read. I think i would really enjoy reading this book to my class as a read aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment