Monday, January 25, 2010

Olivia Helps With Christmas by Ian Falconer


I had never read an Olivia book, but I had heard a lot about them so I wanted to read then. The main point behind this book explains all of the ways in which Olivia helps with Christmas. I was not ver impressed with the book. I had the expectation that I would want to read all of the Oliva books after reading this one, but I really do not have the desire to read anymore of them. I think if a teacher read this book to thier students it would be important to explain that not all children celebrate what is known as Christmas, some students may celebrate something similir, but it may called something else. One thing that I did like about this book is that it attempted to explain traditions. The auther did a good of explaining each step that Oliva family takes to make thier Christmas special to them. I aslo enjoyed that there were flip-out pages in this book. Children seem to enjoy books where there are neat things like that inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment